Snow retention with the RoofTech Single-Tube Holder is a strong and visually attractive snow guard system. The Single-Tube holder, material stainless steel, will be fixed on the S-5! Mini-Clamp and a common 32/2mm-tubes will be sliding into the tube holder. Optional we offer ice stopper.
The RoofTech Single-tube holder and the S-5! Mini-clamps can support significantly higher loads than conventional snow guard systems. Due to this fact the RoofTech Single-Tube system needs often less clamps and less rows of snow guard which makes it very effective and the installation is very simple and fast. One more benefit is that the tube lies optimal direct on the seam.
The stainless steel RoofTech Single-Tube holder can be fixed on all S-5! Mini-clamps (also B-Mini for copper roofs !)
Installation RoofTech Single-Tube Holder Type B:
A professional snow guard is used for traffic safety and protects pedestrians and objects from falling snow and iceloads. The dimensioning and design of a snow guard system depends on the building use and location as well as the roof shape and pitch. The responsibility for this always remains with the builder or building owner. RoofTech GmbH and S-5!® – Metal Roof Innovations Ltd. generally recommend that the snow guard system is planned and dimensioned by a qualified professional.
- Loosely pre-mount the Single Tube Holder Type B with the M8 stainless steel screw on the S-5!® Mini Clamps suitable for the type of seam and thread it onto the snow guard tube (max. diameter 32mm).
- Position the Singe Tube Holder correctly on the seam using the S-5! Mini clamp and tighten the set screw of the Mini clamp with a tightening force of 15-17 Nm. Please observe the installation instructions for the used S-5!® Clamp.
- For some profiles and clamps, the mounting must not be carried out on the clips or holders!
- Finally fix the Single Tube Holder by tightening the M8 stainless steel screw with 30 Nm on the S-5!® Mini clamp.
- Each tube must be fixed to one holder to prevent it from moving sideways. To do this, screw a sheet metal screw into the tube in the middle of the both tube lugs of one holder per tube.
- Between the tubes (max. 3m long) in a row, a sufficient distance must be provided for the thermally induced change in length of the pipes.
- To prevent ice or snow slabs from slipping off, additional ice stoppers (1 to 2 per share, spacing 30cm) should be mounted between the pipe and the roof cladding (available as accessories).