To Install S-5-N-Clamp and S-5-N-Mini
1. Load the setscrew(s) into the clamp. (Fig 1)
2. Position clamp and insert at desired location along the seam as shown in illustration on the right. (and Figs 2,3)
NOTE: On some panel profiles it may be necessary to place the clamp onto the seam first and then slide the insert into it.
3. The clamp should be over the seam and insert as shown. (Fig 3a) Make sure the toe of the clamp engages the female part of the seam as shown. (Fig 3b)
4. Tighten the setscrew(s) using a screw gun* and the included bit tip (Fig 4). When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified periodically using a dial-indicating calibrated torque wrench to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the recommended torque range (Table 1).
Only if installing the Standard-sized Clamp: Setscrews should be tensioned and re-tensioned as the seam material compresses, (i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat). When installing the Mini-sized clamp: The seam material will compress evenly the first tightening.
Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or reinspection for the life of the roof.
5. In the area where the clamps are fixed, the nail-strips should be screwed on additionally, without hindering the thermal elongation.
6. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 160 inch pounds (18Nm).