S-5!® N-Clamps for 1″ (25mm) Nail Strip Profiles
The S-5!® N-Clamp and S-5-N-Mini clamps were designed for application on the popular 1 inch (25mm) high nail strip metal roof profiles and roofing types with similar profiles. The new design features an innovative insert that ensures a superior fit for new and wider nail strip profiles as well as older ones.
The new S-5!® N-Clamps are made of aluminium and are available in 2 versions:
The N-Clamp with two set-screws (insert, two M8 threads on top and one M8 stainless steel bolt) is used for heavy demands e.g. fall protection systems and in the ColorGard® snow retention. Packed with 30 pieces per box.
The N-Mini with one set-screw (insert, M8 thread on top and M8 stainless steel bolt) are utilized in various instances when multiple clamps are required for the attachment of rigid objects to the seams, e.g. rail systems for solar installations, walkways, RoofTech tube snow retentions, signs, satellite dishes, cable trays, pipe and cable laying, etc..
Packed with 50 pieces per box.
The N-Clamp and N-Mini are each furnished with the hardware shown above. Each box also includes a bit tip for tightening setscrews using an electric screw gun. A structural aluminum attachment clamp, the N-Clamps are compatible with most common metal roofing materials excluding copper. All included hardware is stainless steel. For flange solutions we offer three different stainless steel adapter plates. Download (pdf) Product Info Adapter Plates
To Install S-5-N-Clamp and S-5-N-Mini
1. Load the setscrew(s) into the clamp. (Fig 1)
2. Position clamp and insert at desired location along the seam as shown in illustration on the right. (and Figs 2,3)
NOTE: On some panel profiles it may be necessary to place the clamp onto the seam first and then slide the insert into it.
3. The clamp should be over the seam and insert as shown. (Fig 3a) Make sure the toe of the clamp engages the female part of the seam as shown. (Fig 3b)
4. Tighten the setscrew(s) using a screw gun* and the included bit tip (Fig 4). When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified periodically using a dial-indicating calibrated torque wrench to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the recommended torque range (Table 1).
Only if installing the Standard-sized Clamp: Setscrews should be tensioned and re-tensioned as the seam material compresses, (i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat). When installing the Mini-sized clamp: The seam material will compress evenly the first tightening.
Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or reinspection for the life of the roof.
5. In the area where the clamps are fixed, the nail-strips should be screwed on additionally, without hindering the thermal elongation.
6. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 160 inch pounds (18Nm).