R465-Clamps for Rib-Roof465, Domino GBS, etc.
The S-5!® R465 – clamps, made of Aluminium, are specially designed for the profiles Zambelli Rib-Roof 465, Domico GBS and similar.
They are made of one piece and can be mounted easy and quickly. Due to the bulletnosed setscrews on both sides of the clamp they achieve very high holding strength.
There are 2 options of S-5! R465-Clamps:
The R465-Clamp with 4 set-screws (and one M8 thread on top and M8 stainless steel bolt) for attachment to seams are used for heavy demands e.g. fall protection systems and in the ColorGard® snow retention system. (30 pieces per box)
The R465-Mini with 2 set-screws (and M8 thread on top and M8 stainless steel bolt) are utilized in various instances when multiple clamps are required for the attachment of rigid objects to the seams
(50 pieces per box).
For mounting rails with screw channels underside or beside, the R-465-Mini can be easily and inexpensively combined with different adapter plates:
Download Product Info Adapter Plates
Profile – Examples:
Examples of Applications:
For profile materials with a thickness of 0,7mm and less we offer a special saddle for the R465 and R465-Mini – clamps. The stainless steel saddle must fit in then inside of the clamp.
The S-5-R465 and S-5-R465 Mini clamps are each furnished with the hardware shown. Each box also includes a bit tip for tightening setscrews using an electric screw gun. A structural aluminum attachment clamp, the S-5-R465 is compatible with most common metal roofing materials excluding copper. All included hardware is stainless steel.
To Install S-5-R465
1. Partially thread all four round-point setscrews into the clamp (two in the Mini) by hand.
2. Position the clamp at desired location along the seam with the bolt hole in the correct (upslope or downslope) orientation.
Mount the clamps only on the overlapping seams of the roofing. And don’t fix the clamps on or beside the clips. The thermal elongation of the panels may not be hindered! Please note the installation instructions (included in each box).
3. Use a screw gun and the included bit tip to tighten the two upslope
4. Finally, tension and re-tension each of the four setscrews as the seam material compresses, i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat until each setscrew achieves the recommended torque. When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified using a calibrated torque wrench as indicated below to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the proper torque range.
Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or re-inspection for the life of the roof.
5. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 18 Nm (160 inch pounds).