The following innovations and changes will be made step by step from July 2020. After the current stock of the respective article has been sold off, we will also make the changes.
- In the future the S-5!® Mini-Clamps will be delivered without M8x16 stainless steel screws. The changeover will take place after the sale of the previous boxes. The M8-screws can then be ordered separately from us, packed with 100 pieces per box.
- The set screws of the S-5! clamps will be supplied with Torx 30 female thread in the future. A mounting bit (Torx T30) will be supplied in each box as before. The tightening forces remain unchanged.
The S-5-R465 and S-5-R465 Mini clamps are each furnished with the hardware shown. Each box also includes a bit tip for tightening setscrews using an electric screw gun. A structural aluminum attachment clamp, the S-5-R465 is compatible with most common metal roofing materials excluding copper. All included hardware is stainless steel.
To Install S-5-R465
1. Partially thread all four round-point setscrews into the clamp (two in the Mini) by hand.
2. Position the clamp at desired location along the seam with the bolt hole in the correct (upslope or downslope) orientation.
Mount the clamps only on the overlapping seams of the roofing. And don’t fix the clamps on or beside the clips. The thermal elongation of the panels may not be hindered! Please note the installation instructions (included in each box).
3. Use a screw gun and the included bit tip to tighten the two upslope
4. Finally, tension and re-tension each of the four setscrews as the seam material compresses, i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat until each setscrew achieves the recommended torque. When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified using a calibrated torque wrench as indicated below to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the proper torque range.
Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or re-inspection for the life of the roof.
5. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 18 Nm (160 inch pounds).