To Install the N1.5-Clamp and N1.5-Mini
1. Partially thread the setscrews into the clamp by hand.
2. Position clamp at desired location along and flush on the seam seam, as shown in illustration on the right, so that the setscrews on the back of the seam are screwed in and the “nose” of the clamp is under the seam.
3. Make sure the toe of the clamp engages the female part of the seam as shown in the illustration on the right.
4. Tighten the setscrews using a screw gun* and the included screw gun bit tip. Setscrews should be tensioned and re-tensioned as the seam material compresses, i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat until each setscrew achieves the recommended torque. The setscrews will dimple the seam material but will not penetrate it. When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified periodically using a calibrated torque wrench as indicated below to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the proper torque range. Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or reinspection for the life of the roof.
5. In the area where the clamps are fixed, the nail-strips should be screwed on additionally, without hindering the thermal elongation.
6. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten it with 18Nm.