S-5!® Z-Clamps for round “bulb” seams
The S-5!® Z-Clamps, made of Aluminium, are specially developed to fit profiles having round “bulb” seams with max. 23mm diameter such as roofs of Kalzip®, Bemo®, Aluform, Interfalz, Euroseam®, Kingspan, etc.. Its two-piece design allows perfect adhesion and form closure on the seam, without piercing it.
There are 3 options of S-5! Z-Clamps:
The Z-Clamp with two set-screws (and insert, one M8 thread and M8 stainless steel bolt) is used for heavy demands e.g. fall protection systems and in the ColorGard® snow retention. Packed with 44 pieces per box.
The Z-Mini (with insert, M8 thread and M8 stainless steel bolt) and the Z-Mini-FL (with insert and Flange with 18x11mm hole) with one set-screw are utilized in various instances when multiple clamps are required for the attachment of rigid objects to the seams, e.g. rail systems for solar installations, the RoofTech tube snow retentions, signs, walkways, satellite dishes, antennas, lightning protection, cable trays, pipe and cable laying, mechanical equipment, etc..
Z-Mini and Z-Mini-FL: packed with 68 pieces per box.
The S-5-Z, S-5-Z-Mini and S-5-Z-Mini-FL clamps are each furnished with the hardware shown above. Each box also includes a bit tip for tightening setscrews using an electric screw gun. A structural aluminum attachment clamp, the S-5-Z is compatible with most common metal roofing materials excluding copper. All included hardware is stainless steel.
Examples of Applications:
To install S-5-Z-Clamps:
1) Partially thread the setscrews into the clamp by hand.
2) Position clamp at desired location along seam with the bolt hole in the correct (upslope or downslope) orientation. Then, affix ancillary items using the screw provided. Don’t fix the clamps on or beside the clips of the profile
(distance 17.5 cm)! The thermal elongation of the panels may not be hindered!
3) Install by holding the small insert piece under the edge of the seam, then roll the clamp into position over the seam and insert.
4) Tighten the setscrews at the base of the clamp using a screwgun and the included screwgun bit tip. For optimal holding strength, setscrews should be tensioned to 160 to 180 inch pounds (18-20Nm) on 22ga steel, and 130 to 150 inch pounds (15-17Nm) on all other metals and thinner gauges of steel.
5) For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm hex flange bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 160 inch pounds (13 foot pounds).
When using the S-5-Z, S-5-Z Mini, or S-5-Z-Mini FL, it is important that the clamp is not installed at (or near) a halter location. For rail-mounted solar applications, this is easily accomplished, by installing rails directly above and parallel to the seam. Solar modules are then installed in landscape to the seams of the roof. The S-5-Z Mini or S-5-Z Mini FL are the clamps of choice for this type application and can be installed with frequency as to satisfy virtually any uplift load condition, and any halter spacing. Simply engineer the design and attachment frequency using tested load values of the S-5 clamp.