The S-5!® Z-Clamps, made of Aluminium, are specially developed to fit profiles having round “bulb” seams with max. 23mm diameter such as roofs of Kalzip®, Bemo®, Aluform, Interfalz, Euroseam®, Kingspan, etc.. Its two-piece design with an insert allows perfect form closure on the seam, without piercing it. This is the basic for the high holding strength.
The following innovations and changes will be made step by step from July 2020. After the current stock of the respective article has been sold off, we will also make the changes.
- In the future the S-5!® Mini-Clamps will be delivered without M8x16 stainless steel screws. The changeover will take place after the sale of the previous boxes. The M8-screws can then be ordered separately from us, packed with 100 pieces per box.
- The set screws of the S-5! clamps will be supplied with Torx 30 female thread in the future. A mounting bit (Torx T30) will be supplied in each box as before. The tightening forces remain unchanged.
To install S-5-Z-Clamps:
1) Partially thread the setscrews into the clamp by hand.
2) Position clamp at desired location along seam with the bolt hole in the correct (upslope or downslope) orientation. Then, affix ancillary items using the screw provided. Don’t fix the clamps on or beside the clips of the profile
(distance 17.5 cm)! The thermal elongation of the panels may not be hindered!
3) Install by holding the small insert piece under the edge of the seam, then roll the clamp into position over the seam and insert.
4) Tighten the setscrews at the base of the clamp using a screwgun and the included screwgun bit tip. For optimal holding strength, setscrews should be tensioned to 160 to 180 inch pounds (18-20Nm) on 22ga steel, and 130 to 150 inch pounds (15-17Nm) on all other metals and thinner gauges of steel.
5) For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm hex flange bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 160 inch pounds (13 foot pounds).
When using the S-5-Z, S-5-Z Mini, or S-5-Z-Mini FL, it is important that the clamp is not installed at (or near) a halter location. For rail-mounted solar applications, this is easily accomplished, by installing rails directly above and parallel to the seam. Solar modules are then installed in landscape to the seams of the roof. The S-5-Z Mini or S-5-Z Mini FL are the clamps of choice for this type application and can be installed with frequency as to satisfy virtually any uplift load condition, and any halter spacing. Simply engineer the design and attachment frequency using tested load values of the S-5 clamp.