Due to the mounting recommendations of most module manufacturers, the modules should be installed at right angles to the seam. The clamping range of the modules must be observed. Therefore, please also observe the specifications and installation instructions of the respective module manufacturer and the following general instructions for planning and installation. The number of clamps and PV kits should not be less than the number of fixing points of the metal covering and should be increased with a safety factor. Please note that these are only suggestions.
Wind dynamics and statics are complex and S-5! therefore recommends that the planned PV installation be checked by a qualified professional who is responsible for wind influences and the planning and construction of and on metal roofs. The MidGrab module clamp can also be used as an end clamp, which makes material planning and mounting on the roof much easier. Please observe the following installation steps accordingly:
- At the beginning a first row of S-5! Mini clamps must be pre-assembled parallel to the eaves in a straight line per module width. The S-5! Mini clamps, that are suitable for the respective seam type, must be mounted on the seam according to their installation instructions (with a tightening force of 15 – 17 Nm. For roofing made of galvanized sheet steel with a thickness of more than 0.7 mm with 18 – 20 Nm). (1).
- Then fix the module support disc on the Mini-clamp with the stud of the pre-assembled MidGrab module clamp (do not screw in completely) (2).
- Position the modules on the module support disc at the central elevation (3a)
- Then pre-assemble the next row of Mini clamps and MidGrab-module clamps on the other edge of the modules towards the ridge for the first column (both not yet tightened) (5).
- Then fix the MidGrab module clamps of the first row with a tightening force of 14-15 Nm on the Mini-clamps flush with the module frame (3b, 3c + 4).
- And then fasten the Mini clamps on the other edge of the module according to their installation instructions to the seam (with a tightening force of 15 – 17 Nm. For roofing made of galvanized sheet steel with a thickness of more than 0.7 mm with 18 – 20 Nm) (5+6).
- Repeat steps 3 – 6 for further assembly of the modules in the first column.
- After the first column is complete repeat the above points 1-6 to build each column in the array.
There should be no more than 10 modules per column in the PV Array to prevent accumulation of thermal movement. After the 10th module a gap should be provided before starting the next row with enough room to accommodate for the PVKIT edge grabs between the rows. A gap of at least 10 mm must also be maintained between the module rows in the horizontal direction.