The S-5!® B-clamps, made of Brass, with an opening slot of 6mm are designed for Copper double-folded standing seam paneling.
The S-5! B-Clamps allow material compatible and professional installation on copper roofs without piercing it.
The following innovations and changes will be made step by step from July 2020. After the current stock of the respective article has been sold off, we will also make the changes.
- In the future the S-5!® Mini-Clamps will be delivered without M8x16 stainless steel screws. The changeover will take place after the sale of the previous boxes. The M8-screws can then be ordered separately from us, packed with 100 pieces per box.
- The set screws of the S-5! clamps will be supplied with Torx 30 female thread in the future. A mounting bit (Torx T30) will be supplied in each box as before. The tightening forces remain unchanged.
Install S-5! B-Clamps:
The S-5!® B-clamps, made of Brass, are designed for Copper double-folded standing seam paneling. The material properties of the respective metals, the brass B-clamps and the combination with each other must be checked in advance due to possible contact corrosion.
- Partially thread the setscrews into the clamp by hand.
2. Determine how to position the clamp. When attaching to machine-folded seams (regardless of panel profile and geometry), S-5! B-Clamps are designed to engage the seam as shown in illustration on the right.
3. Tighten the setscrews using a screw gun* and the included screw gun bit tip. Setscrews should be tensioned and re-tensioned as the seam material compresses, i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat until each setscrew achieves the recommended torque. The setscrews will dimple the seam material but will not penetrate it. When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified periodically using a calibrated torque wrench as indicated below to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the proper torque range.
Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or reinspection for the life of the roof.
4. The B-clamps may hinder the thermally elongation of the profile if, despite the high clamping point of the B-clamps, the foot of a sliding clip extends into the clamping area of the clamp. Than the B-clamps must be placed at a distance of 25 mm from the sliding clips.
5. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 160 inch pounds (13 foot pounds).