1. Position clamp insert at desired location along the rib, just under the fold of the rib. Mount the clamps only on the overlapping ribs or seams of the roofing. And don’t fix the clamps on or beside the clips because the thermal elongation of the panels may not be hindered!
2. Roll the clamp into position over the seam and clamp insert piece. Position the clamp so that it is centered over the clamp insert with approximately 2mm of insert overhang on each side of the clamp.
3. Partially thread the two flanged bolts into the base of the S-5-K Grip by hand, or the single flanged bolt into the base of the S-5-K Grip Mini. The bolts should engage the divots in each end of the S-5-K Grip insert and in the center of the S-5-K Grip Mini insert.
4. Tighten the bolts at the base of the S-5-K Grip using a ratchet or screw gun with a 13mm hex. For optimal holding strength, bolts should be tensioned to 23 Nm (200 inch pounds).
5. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten it with 18Nm.