K-Grip Clamps for Klip-lok, Saflok, Domitec, etc.
The S-5!® K-Grip-clamps, made of Aluminium, were specifically developed to fit Klip-lok, Klip-Rib, Domitec, Saflok and other similar bulb snap-together seams.
The design utilizes multiple inserts (sold separately) in order to accommodate a variety of bulb snap together profiles.
There are 2 options of K-Grip-Clamps:
The K-Grip-Clamp with two bolts sideways (and one centered M8 thread on top and M8 stainless steel bolt) is used for heavy demands e.g. fall protection systems and in the ColorGard® snow retention. (20 pieces per box)
The K-Grip-Mini with one bolt sideways (and M8 thread and M8 stainless steel bolt on top) are utilized in various instances when multiple clamps are required for the attachment of rigid objects to the seams.
(40 pieces per box).
For mounting rails with screw channels underside or beside, the K-Grip-Mini can be easily and inexpensively combined with different adapter plates:
Download (pdf) Product Info Adapter Plates
The S-5-K Grip and S-5-K Grip Mini clamps are each furnished with the hardware shown above. A structural aluminum attachment clamp, the S-5-K Grip is compatible with most common metal roofing materials excluding copper. All included hardware is stainless steel.
Four different inserts are packed and sold separately:
Each insert has a unique shape that allows for a tight fit at the profile and provides increased holding strength.
- GX10- or GX50- Inserts for the K-Grip-Clamp (100 pieces per box).
- GXM10- or GXM50- Inserts for the K-Grip-Mini (200 pieces per box).
Seam Profiles and the Insert Options:
With Insert S-5-GX10 or S-5-GXM10:
- Domico: Domitec
- LYSAGHT KLIP-LOK® 406
- McElroy Metal Mirage
- AEP Span Klip-Rib®
- Metal Sales Clip-Loc
- SpeedDeck® SpeedDeck®
- Safintra Saflok 410
- Safintra Saflok 700
- or similar profiles.
With Insert S-5-GX50 or S-5-GXM50:
- Lysaght: Klip-lok Classic 700
- Lysaght: Klip-lok 700 Hi-Strength
- Stramit: Speed Deck Ultra
- Filders: KingKlip 700
- or similar profiles.
If you have a profile not listed here, please contact us.
Profile – Examples:
Examples of Applications:
S-5-K-Grip-Mini with GXM10-Insert installed under different rail systems on Saflok and Domitec profiles.
Install S-5! K-Grip Clamps:
The S-5-K Grip utilizes multiple inserts in order to accommodate a variety of bulb snap-together profiles. Each insert has a unique shape that allows for a tight fit and provides increased holding strength over other attachment options. The appropriate seam profiles for each insert option are listed above and on the back of the installation instructions. The head of the clamp’s flanged bolts control the amount of compression, which reduces the possibility of over-compressing the seam, and makes installation a snap!
1. Position clamp insert at desired location along the rib, just under the fold of the rib. Don’t fix the clamps on or beside the clips! The thermal elongation of the panels may not be hindered!
2. Roll the clamp into position over the seam and clamp insert piece. Position the clamp so that it is centered over the clamp insert with approximately 2mm of insert overhang on each side of the clamp.
3. Partially thread the two flanged bolts into the base of the S-5-K Grip by hand, or the single flanged bolt into the base of the S-5-K Grip Mini. The bolts should engage the divots in each end of the S-5-K Grip insert and in the center of the S-5-K Grip Mini insert.
4. Tighten the bolts at the base of the S-5-K Grip using a ratchet or screw gun with a 13mm hex. For optimal holding strength, bolts should be tensioned to 200 in. lbs. For the S-5-K Grip Mini, tighten the single flanged bolt to the specified torque.
Please note the installation instructions (To download under information and included in each box).