S-5!® E-Clamps for double folded seams
The S-5!® E-Clamps, made of Aluminium, with an opening slot of 7mm are specially designed and approved for double folded standing seam roof profiles made of aluminium, titanium-zinc, stainless steel or coated galvanized steel and having the appropriate dimensions.
The special features of the S-5! E-Clamps are the exact fit on the seam and the high pressure point of set screw which will compress the metal without piercing it.
Only use the Original S-5!® E-Clamps:
In contrast to plagiarism and conventional seam clamps, the S-5!® E-clamps have been tested by independent testing institutes on a large number of double standing seams from various manufacturers and are also the only seam clamps approved by the building authorities for the Rheinzink double standing seam system.
Please note following important information from Rheinzink:
“Rheinzink basically only recommends the use of the original S-5!®
E-Clamps, as only these have the official approval in connection with their roofs and thus offer the only possibility that a structural engineer can provide a static proof for the entire system. When using other clamps, the static values that are deposited in the approval for the S-5! clamps, are missing.
“Should the tradesman or planner nevertheless work with other clamps and this causes damage to the roof, then of course the Rheinzink material warranty and the system warranty no longer apply”.
There are 3 options of S-5!® E-Clamps:
The E-Clamp with two set-screws (and two M8 threads on top and one M8 stainless steel bolt) is used for heavy demands e.g. fall protection systems, in the S-5! ColorGard® snow retention and other heavy-duty applications.
E-Clamp is packed with 60 pieces per box.
The E-Mini (with M8 thread on top and M8 stainless steel bolt) and the E-Mini-FL (with Flange and 18x11mm hole) with one set-screw are utilized in various instances when multiple clamps are required for the attachment of rigid objects to the seams, e.g. rail systems for solar installations, the RoofTech tube snow retentions, signs, walkways, satellite dishes, antennas, lightning protection, cable trays, pipe and cable laying, mechanical equipment, etc..
E-Mini: 90 pieces per box, E-Mini-FL: 125 pieces per box.
The S-5-E, S-5-E-Mini and S-5-E-Mini-FL clamps are each furnished with the hardware shown above. Each box also includes a bit tip for tightening setscrews using an electric screw gun. A structural aluminum attachment clamp, the S-5-E-clamps are compatible with most common metal roofing materials excluding copper. All included hardware is stainless steel.
Examples of Applications:
1. Partially thread the setscrews into the clamp by hand.
2. Determine how to position the clamp. When attaching to machine-folded seams (regardless of panel profile and geometry), S-5! E-Clamps are designed to engage the seam as shown in illustration on the right.
3. Tighten the setscrews using a screw gun* and the included screw gun bit tip. Setscrews should be tensioned and re-tensioned as the seam material compresses, i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat until each setscrew achieves the recommended torque. The setscrews will dimple the seam material but will not penetrate it. When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified periodically using a calibrated torque wrench as indicated below to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the proper torque range.
Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or reinspection for the life of the roof.
4. The E-clamps may hinder the thermally elongation of the profile if, despite the high clamping point of the E-clamps, the foot of a sliding clip extends into the clamping area of the clamp. Than the E-clamps must be placed at a distance of 25 mm from the sliding clips.
5. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 160 inch pounds (13 foot pounds).