The S-5!® E-Clamps, made of Aluminium, with an opening slot of 7mm are specially designed and approved for double folded standing seam roof profiles made of aluminium, titanium-zinc, stainless steel or coated galvanized steel and having the appropriate dimensions.
The special features of the S-5! E-Clamps are the exact fit on the seam and the high pressure point of set screw which will compress the metal without piercing it.
1. Partially thread the setscrews into the clamp by hand.
2. Determine how to position the clamp. When attaching to machine-folded seams (regardless of panel profile and geometry), S-5! E-Clamps are designed to engage the seam as shown in illustration on the right.
3. Tighten the setscrews using a screw gun* and the included screw gun bit tip. Setscrews should be tensioned and re-tensioned as the seam material compresses, i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat until each setscrew achieves the recommended torque. The setscrews will dimple the seam material but will not penetrate it. When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified periodically using a calibrated torque wrench as indicated below to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the proper torque range.
Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or reinspection for the life of the roof.
4. The E-clamps may hinder the thermally elongation of the profile if, despite the high clamping point of the E-clamps, the foot of a sliding clip extends into the clamping area of the clamp. Than the E-clamps must be placed at a distance of 25 mm from the sliding clips.
5. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 160 inch pounds (13 foot pounds).