S-5!® N1.5-Clamps for 1,5″ Nail Strip Profiles
The S-5!® N 1.5 and S-5-N 1.5 Mini clamps were designed for application on the popular 1.5″ (38mm) high nail strip metal roof profiles and roofing types with similar profiles. The S-5-N1.5 clamps boasts an angular throat that accommodates most 1,5″ nail strip profiles.
The S-5!® N1.5 Clamps are made of aluminium and are available in 2 versions:
The N1.5-Clamp with two set-screws (and two M8 threads on top and one M8 stainless steel bolt) is used for heavy demands e.g. fall protection systems and in the ColorGard® snow retention. Packed with 30 pieces per box.
The N1.5-Mini with one set-screw (and with M8 thread on top and M8 stainless steel bolt) are utilized in various instances when multiple clamps are required for the attachment of rigid objects to the seams, e.g. rail systems for solar installations, walkways, RoofTech tube snow retentions, signs, satellite dishes, cable trays, pipe and cable laying, etc.. Packed with 40 pieces per box.
The N1.5-Clamp and N1.5-Mini are each furnished with the hardware shown above. Each box also includes a bit tip for tightening setscrews using an electric screw gun. A structural aluminum attachment clamp, the N1.5-Clamps are compatible with most common metal roofing materials excluding copper. All included hardware is stainless steel. For flange solutions we offer three different stainless steel adapter plates. Download (pdf) Product Info Adapter Plates
Examples of Applications:
Photovoltaic system on a 1.5″ (38mm) nail strip profile roof. Project Neerlandia in Utrecht, Netherland.
Different shapes of 1.5″ (38mm) high nail strip profiles:
To Install the N1.5-Clamp and N1.5-Mini
1. Partially thread the setscrews into the clamp by hand.
2. Position clamp at desired location along the seam as shown in illustration on the right.
3. Make sure the toe of the clamp engages the female part of the seam as shown in the illustration on the right.
4. Tighten the setscrews using a screw gun* and the included screw gun bit tip. Setscrews should be tensioned and re-tensioned as the seam material compresses, i.e. tighten the first setscrew, then the second; then repeat until each setscrew achieves the recommended torque. The setscrews will dimple the seam material but will not penetrate it. When relying on published load values, setscrew tension should be verified periodically using a calibrated torque wrench as indicated below to ensure the tool is consistently achieving the proper torque range.
Once installed correctly, these clamps require no maintenance or reinspection for the life of the roof.
5. In the area where the clamps are fixed, the nail-strips should be screwed on additionally, without hindering the thermal elongation.
6. For critical attachment applications utilizing an M8-1.25 X 16 mm Hex Flange Bolt, tighten the included M8 bolt to 160 inch pounds (13 foot pounds).